A blog about SQL Server, SSIS, C# and whatever else I happen to be dealing with in my professional life.

Find ramblings

Friday, April 30, 2010

Submitting conference abstracts

After listening to the webcast for Submitting a winning abstract at PASS, I was inspired to try and actually get myself onto the speaking circuit. While I've picked up plenty of technical knowledge these past 10 years, I know my presentation skills have gone to shite. Preparing to deliver this should be a step in the right direction. I submitted an abstract for CLR in SQL Server: A love story in 5 parts to the Kansas City Developers Conference. We'll see whether I'm picked. I had been asked to do this presentation last September for the Kansas City Dot Net User Group but was bumped so I've had it at 90% complete for some time now. With some hard work and the confidence of having spoken locally and/or regionally, perhaps in a few years I'll be ready to try speaking at SQL PASS. Until then, "small moves, Sparks. Small moves"

No comments: